The clinics in Latvia offer a variety of delivery rooms - classical and water delivery rooms as well as house labor in cozy and well equipped wards where professional support is given to the couple throughout the whole treatment time, both before and after the fertilization.
The Obstetric Department is the 3rd largest department by the number of deliveries. Our benefits are a very much home-like environment, modern technologies and very experienced specialists.
It is a safe and comfortable environment for the mother
· responsive attitude and highly qualified personnel
· home-like wards and additional service
· maximally natural and peaceful delivery
· careful training on breast-feeding of your baby
· resuscitation assistance day and night
· “Homebirth in hospital” and water birth
Your baby is safe with us 24/7.
· presence of a paediatrician and a nurse in the department day and night
· monitoring of baby’s well-being during delivery
· modern resuscitation and intensive care facilities
· caesarean section surgeries
It is a friendly environment for a baby
· the placenta is separated after it stops pulsing
· umbilical cord blood and tissue stem cell sampling service
· feeding with breast milk
Handling training includes practical advice how to raise, hold, carry, dress, feed the baby, avoiding child's body asymmetry and increased muscle tone risk. Handling training is led by a physiotherapist in presence of parents with their baby. Training doll is used in the learning process for the expectant parents.